Friday, March 23, 2007

Cyclops Animatic!

So this is a short animatic I made of Odysseus and his men
stumbling upon the Cyclops cave. They're famished so they're
feasting upon this roasting goat when suddenly they hear a sound..
I've been interested in this story since reading a paperback version of the adventures of Odysseus - i forget the author's name. Anyhow, the animatic is pretty standard stuff right now, but i want to see where
I can push it visually and content wise. I always like taking a simple/hokey
situation and seeing if I can make it more complex and grand.



Here are some quick concept pieces I did of Odysseus and the Cyclops, too.
Pretty sure it will change in time though.

5 comments:

Tokki said...

How did you do the sound? Did you record yourself?
Looks pretty cool..Keep going, Davin

Bruno Velazquez said...

Nice work. You left us hanging though.....hehe. Sre you planning to continue the rest?

chengwhich said...

thanks!

tokki - i found sound clips online and mixed them together in premiere. I also used music from the movie The Village and Bram Stoker's Dracula. The score to The Village is actually very beautiful in case you want to check it out.

bruno - hopefully i'll come to finish it. i kinda have the whole idea in my head, i just have to put it down on paper. i'm playing with different approaches both visually and storywise. i might even have it from the point of view of the goats inside the Cyclops cave. haha. that should be an interesting challenge ;)

arree said...

Hi Dave!

Thans for commenting on my blog. I'm glad you found me; the internet is so amazing. I really liked your animatics. nice story telling and feel. Do yo do them in aftereffects?

arreechung@hotmail.com
keep in touch okay?

arree

chengwhich said...

hi arree,

i did the u2 animatic with after
effects while i did the
cyclops one with premiere. i found
premiere faster and easier to edit
for what i was going for. nice stuff you got - i'll add your blog to mine.